In The Community Programmes
The unique selling point of PDSC is that we go into the community with local police officers to physically provide cyber security advice.
During the Coronavirus pandemic it has not been permissible to conduct this face-to-face delivery so PDSC has temporarily taken its delivery model online.
Whilst doing so, we have ensured that our advice is presented in the highest quality and we continue to bring the human touch to digital awareness.
If you would like us to deliver any of our advice and guidance to your business via webinar, please contact us with your request.
Cyber crime is one of the fastest growing threats to businesses in the UK.
PDSC regularly runs a series of programmes and events across the UK visiting local businesses with the aim of sharing detailed advice about cyber crime.
Utilising our extensive network of partners, including local police forces, Business Improvement Districts (BIDs), Chambers of Commerce, Professional bodies and others, we connect with local communities to provide practical support on how to improve your security on site.
We run various programmes and events to help you improve your security:
Alongside local police officers, or those familiar with the area (such as BID Ambassadors), PDSC will go door to door visiting businesses in the High Street to carry out cyber security assessments and have discussions on any concerns regarding online security.
Businesses that complete the on-site assessment will be provided with information based on their level of risk to cyber crime. As many businesses have very limited time to focus on prevention tactics for their business, this is the perfect way to benefit, without taking too much time out of their day.
- Digital footprint explained and cyber related questions answered by experts
- Minimal disruption to business, visits are brief and your customers remain the priority
- Local police or other business support representatives on site to answer your queries
- Highlights contacts and procedures to follow when cyber incidents occur
- Full support to complete the PDSC Digitally Aware certificate
- All businesses receive a free pack of police endorsed security information
Digital Security Clinic
A drop-in clinic that attracts a crowd throughout the day. Business owners and staff can benefit from a 15-minute mentoring session for 1 to 1 advice with the PDSC team and partners. All areas of the workforce will become confident in their approach to securing business information.
All attendees, including members of the public, can pick up free, police endorsed information, talk to PDSC about any cyber security concerns they may have and receive valuable advice that they can feedback to their place of work.
- Your specific cyber related questions answered by experts
- 1 to 1 mentoring session, with advice tailored towards your individual business
- Receive an email summary of our 1-2-1 advice plus other valuable resources
- Receive important contacts to use and procedures to follow for a cyber recovery plan and other valuable resources
- Support to complete the PDSC Digitally Aware certificate, designed to promote the digital health of your business
‘How to’ sessions for businesses who want to implement best practise. The sessions will provide a generic implementation method, that may not fit every business structure, but will increase confidence when changing the configurations of a device.
After the session, Digital Security Providers and Innovators can help businesses tailor their settings to meet their specific business requirements.
- Local venues to reduce your travelling time
- Learn tips from experts to strengthen cyber resilience for your business
- Practise implementing recommendations in a safe environment before applying them to live systems
- Also includes Digital Security Clinic content
Cyber Training Seminar
Interactive presentations to raise awareness about the most common causes of cyber crime, how criminals operate and what businesses can do to protect themselves from falling victim. The agenda varies to suit the Stakeholder and PDSC can run multiple sessions per day.
Cyber Training Seminars are made up of levels so businesses can benefit from different sessions and learn something new each time. The Stakeholder will need to inform PDSC of which sessions to run, and in return PDSC will provide speakers who are subject experts:
‘Introduction to cyber security’ is for anyone willing to learn about how to keep their business safe from cyber threats by providing advice on best practice. The presentation is full of facts, figures, case studies and quizzes making it engaging, interactive and memorable. A short cyber breach simulation encourages delegates to consider how they would handle a cyber breach in a safe environment where they can discuss their options.
Training should not be a one off, which is why this seminar is the ideal way to refresh current knowledge and further advance skills for those who already have a basic understanding of cyber security best practice. It is a follow-on from the ‘Level 1- Introduction to cyber security’ seminar and is structured as a challenging quiz to really ensure delegates have kept on top of their due diligence and have learnt something from previous talks. It is also a great way for businesses to remain up-to-date with the latest threats and the growing challenges they may face.
PDSC believe that cyber security should be one of the main topics listed on a meeting agenda and are keen to lead businesses in the right direction. This short and snappy presentation will set a business on the path towards achieving an effective security strategy, leaving attendees with actionable advice to take away and implement. They are for anyone with authority to influence change in a business.
PDSC accredited subject experts will deliver a presentation relevant to the digital security requirements of your business. Whether it is Digital Transformation, Cloud Storage, Artificial Intelligence, Remote Working, Network Security or any of the myriad of cyber solutions your business may be concerned with, PDSC will supply an expert to talk to you and your colleagues.
Business regularly practices fire drills but when did you ever practice dealing with a cyber attack? With 96% of UK businesses attacked in the last 12 months, it is crucial that you are prepared for the inevitable. PDSC accredited cyber recovery experts will take you and your staff through a simulated breach, testing your awareness, preparedness, media response and recovery, leaving your business with all the tools for a Recovery Plan.
- Talks from PDSC accredited cyber security leaders
- Discussion sessions to raise specific concerns
- Tailored to your business and staff requirements
- Unique opportunity to practice dealing with a Cyber attack
- Ongoing support and advice from PDSC for you and your staff